Saturday, August 10, 2013

Self-care

I've learned that I need eight hours of sleep at night.

That I need healthy, nutritious food regularly throughout the day.  And the time to plan ahead for harvesting, storing, and preparing my food.

That I need time to check in with my love.  To remember why we like each other.  To process.  To have fun together.

That I need movement: yoga, running, swimming.

That I need quiet, alone time.  Sometimes I read.  Other times I write.  Often I day-dream.  I need some privacy in order to be present.

That I need to take breaks.  From work.  From socializing.  From being at the house.

All work & no play makes Maiga a dull boy.

I can't always facilitate these conditions.  It's a huge privilege to be able to realize them some of the time.  But I'm glad to know the conditions that invite in my best self.  And I'll do my best to make life livable.

How do you self-care?

No comments:

Post a Comment