Thursday, July 12, 2012

Inaugural Blog-- Inblogural?

The radio is turned off.  No more NPR, no more traffic report, no more hum of the washing machine.  I see the green leaves of the magnolia tree directly in front of me.  A huge ground hog ran under its branches earlier this afternoon.  I'm trying to get a little more comfortable with quiet, natural light, one task, less stimulus.

In some ways this blog is meant to hold the same space.  I have lots of passions: yoga, travel, creating & officiating ceremony, social justice, community, growing food.  I'm grateful to feel purposeful & engaged in the world.  On the other hand, these passions & general day-to-day living can feel over-stimulating.  Perhaps one of the most valuable aspects of blogging is continual clarificiation-- honing in on ideas, shaping pursuits, grounding.

Towards landing meaningfully wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment