Thursday, October 17, 2013

Free 'Em All

I am so freaking excited.

I certified to teach yoga so that I could offer relief & stress-management to fellow activists.  It's hard work & we have to care for one another.

Recently, fellow yoga instructors Jamila, Sheena, and Jazmyn approached me to collaborate on a series of yoga classes fundraising for political prisoner, Mumia Abu Jamal.  Another community member, the lovely Jackie, conceived of and designed the flyer/poster below:


So beautiful, right?  But what I'm truly thrilled about is connecting with these amazing women and offering something to my fellow activists.  I'm so happy that I get to support tireless fighters.  This feels like such an integration of everything I believe in.  Knowing when to stand up, knowing when to hold your own.

I hope to see you at these classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment