Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Opt in or opt out

Right now, in every moment, all the time, I remind myself to "opt in or opt out."

Because nothing is happening to me.

Because I have choice. Always.

I remember that the choices that I think I want usually won't make me happy. The choices in front of me are choices. If I operate from fear my reality will be based in that anxiety. If I operate from power my reality will be based in that agency.

I always want there to be patterns because I want there to be order. Maybe there is. Maybe there isn't.

I've written a bit about the pieces of the presidential election that surprised me and the parts that did not surprise me. I didn't expect to hear so many people say, "I have given my power away again and again. The election of trump reminds me that I can't do that. I will not do that. I am responsible for myself."

And I think that's the mantra. That's it.

We are responsible for ourselves and we are accountable to one another.

We can be incredibly creative with the cards that we are dealt. We can withdraw our power from the usual systems. We can align our energy. We can make old structures obsolete. We can live.

No comments:

Post a Comment