Thursday, June 26, 2014

And I will call her...

Walk as though you’re kissing the earth with your feet - Thich Nhat Hanh


For the past few months I've been developing a Yoga Retreat to Vietnam that I'll offer with Julie Kirkpatrick Jan 17-29, 2016. I know, way far in advance. However, it takes that long to lock this type of thing down! We're getting close so now the work moves towards marketing. What do I call her?

I'm looking for a sexy band name to title this retreat. It's offerings are so vast... Julie & I have both been stuck! I'd love your suggestions. Let me whet your whistle. This experience will include:

-days in Hoi An, known for beautiful Vietnamese architecture, incredible (vegan) cuisine, cobble stone streets, and bright ships bobbing in the river.
-full moon nights lit by silk lanterns & candles floating down the river.
-cycling through verdant, green rice paddies.
-spending the final days of the retreat on the beach at the South China Sea.

That's the highlight reel. Obviously, it will mean hot sun when most of the US Northeast is cold & grey. I keep thinking of the spices, the sensory delights of Hoi An. There's also a still depth that we'll explore while on a yoga retreat. What name encompasses all of that?

Do tell.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I love naming things. Some ideas...

    Still Waters. As in "Still waters run deep..." "...beside still waters," lots of mystery going on beneath a calm, unruffled surface...

    Runnerstone. In old grist mills, a water wheel turned the runnerstone on top of a stationary bedstone. The runnerstone had grooves and channels carved into it, enabling it to grind the wheat into flour while winnowing out the chaff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami! Thank you, Ma! I'm digging "Still Waters." I love spit balling! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete