Monday, August 11, 2014

Cape Charles VA

I almost don't want to tell you all about this.

I want to keep it secret.

For years, Kevin & I have been making the trip from South Jersey to Norfolk. As we approach the Bay Bridge Tunnel, I always say, "it looks so beautiful!" We see marsh land & signs for parks. We always chat about stopping, but as we're about an hour from our destination after a likely 5 in the car, we keep going.

The place we always sighed and gazed at is Cape Charles VA. While Kevin's family has spent years vacationing at the Outer Banks, due to a series of shifts this past year they switched to Cape Charles.

Get this: it's half the price of OBX.






I obviously snagged family photos off Instagram as I stayed blessedly disconnected during the trip. The beaches are empty, the water is the Bay so it's sufficiently calm if you want to paddle board, kayak or even swim laps. The only downside I found (perhaps being offline, though it's debatable whether that's a bad thing) is little variety in restaurants. The seafood, if you eat it, is reportedly amazing. I'm vegetarian. Cape Charles is a little suspicious of us.

It's fine. I'll cook for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment