Friday, April 1, 2016

#AprilAccounting

#YogawoodMadness was awesome. Early morning classes swelled with folks recommitting to their practice. We got upside down in a crazy amount of ways. I thought it would be a nice way to reinvigorate consistency but I have to say, I was really surprised by how much I got out of this experience! I found out I could do inversions that I'd never thought to try before. I picked up different tips and approaches from the other early morning teachers. It was a great, collaborative experience.

The students were also in it to win it! It was really great seeing folks take photos of themselves throughout their evolution and understanding both their bodies and the poses in new ways. People were psyched to get a free class and came consistently to make it happen!

Given the strength of the response, we figured to give April a little oomph too. During April, there will be a studio-wide challenge to attend the most classes. The student with the most consistent attendance will win a free private or semi-private class from a Yogawood teacher. Lauren, the artist behind Yogawood's mural, is gussying up charts where students can keep tabs on their own attendance. The charts will be by the front door at Yogawood. Write your name, date when you're in class, and be accountable! For those following on social media we're using the hashtag #AprilAccounting. Shoot, we have to pay our taxes and be responsible in those areas of our life. Might as well be accountable to the practices that bring us health and joy!


2 comments:

  1. Too bad I don't live closer to Yogawood... not that I'm a competitive person, but... !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would all be so lucky to have you close and playing along!

    ReplyDelete