Monday, March 11, 2013

More than I am

I'm growing larger than I am
I'm growing past my strength
This has happened before
It was once strictly physical. The ground drifted further
below my sight. I re-balanced. I became
known as woman, became in relation to
others, to my experiences. This growth is
less visible but I feel it. It feels
tangible. I'm growing more capable of
caring for myself. I'm growing more connected
to the earth below me. 

That steady earth that held me
crawling, toddling, walking, and then gazing past
it. I'm working towards it once more, knowing that
it's relationship is possibly the
most sacred. Feeling myself sculpted, nourished, of and
working back towards. My body will grow stronger. I can
feel that. I can feel that one day I'll balance on my
hands, that my spine will open, that I won't be scared
of exposing myself. 

I can feel that. And then I'll begin to
curl back within. I'll relinquish some of that strength. I'll
give it back, little by little. Eventually, I'll let go
entirely. I'll give back my breath. I'll give back all that's
been given me. I'll go back into the earth. I'll begin that
radical practice of once more growing larger than
I am. Of dissolving into soil, seed, root. Of looking
up into depths of earth. Merging into something more
than I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment