Friday, May 31, 2013

Pacha Mama

These mountains created
walls around me

& I keep thinking of them, the
mountains, the room of the
valley, the feeling of not being stuck but
being contained, held in energy, and earth
and the bowl of a sky

The bowl of the sky? I'd heard that phrase before it's
not mine but it never landed until
the sky was a bounded enclosure not
endless expanse

I've been in mountains of various
shades, ranging heights, and the scents of
cardamom or juniper or pine or the smell of fog
and snow. Sun. Fragrant sun.

These mountains helped me understand
words. Bowls of sky and the absorption of
Self into earth. “You approach the mountain until
you no longer see it. You are within it.” How are
you within a mountain? When it builds its walls around
you and when you begin to note it's exposed veins (drilling) and
they feel like your wound and you
feel the heat of water knowing
the warmth is coursing from the lava still
flowing within

I didn't know what Pacha Mama meant, who she
referred to-- I heard her sung I saw her written I
heard her name. I heard her name and wondered who

Maybe she calls you in. Maybe it's a siren's call
to be enveloped by her walls, sheltered
within the green, to be under the
bowl of sky

held

Pacha Mama, Mama Andes, these mountains that
are a spine, that hold the earth upright that keep me
upright my calves sore from climbing up and up
and still the bowl of the sky is far away I am
never absorbed into the sky just
these walls of earth of rock

I wanted to write words as soon as I
entered her
as soon as I found myself in the valley
within her walls within
her mountains within
her
I had words. I didn't know what, why, but there
were stories in me, in her
as I was in her I had a song to sing, I knew her
name


No comments:

Post a Comment