Thursday, June 6, 2013

I am not that

Not that
I am not
that
person overpowered
I am not
that child controlled
I am
not who you
abused
I am not the
person who was
not heard
not believed
I am
not
self-hating, absorbing your hate, being
hated I am
not
I am not out of control

I am in there
I am there
I am there when you overpower me
and control and determine
and don't believe and don't listen
and can't
and can't
I am there when you hate yourself
and you hate me
and that teaches me to hate me
I am there

But I am not that

Inside those events, inside
those moments
inside that darkness
I am there
the true Self
I am there
the one who knows
that I don't deserve this
that no one deserves this
that you are not right
that you were wronged
that you are doing wrong
that I deserve to be heard
to be believed
to be trusted
to be loved
to be protected

to be believed
to be believed

I am that
I am believed and protected and loved

And I wait here in this
moment in this darkness, in this
hate
I wait
I wait until I can emerge
Until I can heal
Until I can be heard
and believed
and trusted
and loved
and learn

Learn to love myself
to trust myself
to believe myself

To see in you who I really am
to show you who you really are
because I waited
and emerged
and I am here
you can be here too


I am not that

No comments:

Post a Comment