Monday, August 13, 2012

Make Dirt

Our compost has a new home!  Last night Kevin chainsawed some of these logs from the felled trees on our property.  I helped clear away other debris & pitch-fork compost & leaves into wheel barrows.  We're still transitioning the compost into these two bins, but the structure is in place!

I can't tell you how excited I am to have this new space.  We'll probably need a few more compost areas in various parts of our yard.

I freaking love compost.  I completely understand that's strange-- here's the deal-- there's nothing wrong with it.  When I recycle, I still am not thrilled about pollution from recycling plants.  When I do many acts, they're still not totally good.  I can't necessarily see a down-side in composting.  The compost thrills my plants, it creates & enriches soil (soil needs love too), it encourages me to eat biodegradable food, it reminds me that everything has a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment